Hallelujah! Part 5


As stated in entry one under this Hallelujah! moniker, women are always on my mind,
and I am smitten with just about every woman I see;
finding the beauty in each of them, whether heavy or a home wrecker.

You know the drill, check the moral high road
at the door for this entry... not necessary. 
This is all about the visual, savvy?
That said, here is some eye candy. Enjoy! 


I must apologize for the long absence. My life is as liquid as it gets, music, writing, design, illustration, kid, court, his mother... whew

In this entry, I continue to simply throw out there some gorgeous female eye candy, at least to me, and I am focusing this time, on some of my favourite female indie girls of music - whether in a band, or a solo song writer/performer.


Anja Oyen Vister
Flunk is a Norwegian electronic and consisting of producer Ulf Nygaard, guitarist Jo Bakke, drummer Erik Ruud, and vocalist Anja Oyen Vister.

When I fist heard of this band, I was on a quest to find the most alternative music I could find. I had become entangled in the electronic and chill vibe through my own musical direction.

The first song I ever heard from them, and a long time before I ever got curious enough to see what they looked like, was 

When I finally found out  what the face holding that great voice looked like I was smitten... I count them in my inspirations these days. Check out this one two, to hear her voice fly...

Ellie Goulding
Ellie Goulding released her debut studio album, Lights, in 2010. The album debuted at number one on the UK Albums Chart and has sold over 850,000 copies in the UK. Her cover of Elton John's "Your Song" reached number two in the UK in December 2010,
and on 29 April 2011, she performed the song at the wedding reception
of Prince William and Kate Middleton at Buckingham Palace.

Elena Jane "Ellie" Goulding (born 30 December 1986) is an English singer-songwriter. 
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fBf2v4mLM8k.


OK, are you guys seeing this girl? OMG, sweet and the voice? WOW. I have definitely developed a thing for the nordic and empire girls' voices. DAMN! You know I think I thought she was nordic for a while there…

Next up...


Alison Goldfrapp
Alison Goldfrapp, of Goldfrapp. Her, (vocals/synthesizer) and Will Gregory (synthesizer) make up the duo. They have been cranking out amazing electronica since 2000.
Now she isn't the best looker in this list, but I will tell you something,
sure as fish breathe water… after you listen to the words in this song here,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tAhMo-wWTsk

You will be smitten, boys, or at least curious.



Mette-Lindberg
Mette-Lindberg (I swear, what is with me and Nords tonight). The Asteroids Galaxy Tour is a Danish pop band consisting of vocalist Mette Lindberg and songwriter/producer Lars Iversen, formed in 2007. When performing live the band extends to a six-piece with horn section, featuring Miloud Carl Sabri (trumpet), Sven Meinild (saxophone), Mads Brinch Nielsen (guitar), and Rasmus Valldorf (drums).

They were featured prominently in the second last Heineken beer ad about a year and a half ago, singing "The Golden Age" - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DqUnsKMsRxM. They also supported Katy Perry on several sold out dates for her summer 2009 European tour.

She is  cute to me, in the way she carries that voice live.
What a sweetie!! A hot euro Debrah Harry, oui?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yq-aNkBc2_M&playnext=1&list=PLD86624D48ADBD159&feature=results_video



 Nanna-Øland-Fabricius, or OH Land, as she goes by here on this side of the pond, is once again the classic Nord-look. Better known by her stage name Oh Land, she is a Danish singer-songwriter and producer. She lives in Brooklyn, New York City.

Im my never-ending quest to find music that no one else knows about at any given contemporary point, I found her, on the in-store soundtrack, while shopping at American Eagle - thank you American Eagle. I was smitten right away.

SHE IS SMOKING HOT. HOLY HESUS!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lWRi7gDYjVY



 Next up, YES!!!!! A Canadian Girl!!!


Esthero, born in Stratford, Ontario), Jenny-Bea Englishman, is a Canadian singer-songwriter who currently lives in Los Angeles, California. The name Esthero refers both to the singer and formerly to the two-person team of herself and producer Doc McKinney. She claims to have gotten the name by combining the name of the heroine (Esther) and last line ("If I am to be the hero, then I cannot fly from darkness.") of the movie from Sylvia Plath's novel, 'The Bell Jar'.

She has the notoriety of being the girl in Black-Eyed Peas before they signed Fergie. Check it out
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cnYiQ2FVG8I

This chick has some lines, DANG!!!!


KT Tunstall
Kate Victoria "KT" Tunstall (born 23 June 1975, St Andrews, Fife, Scotland)
is a Scottish singer-songwriter and guitarist. AND THAT MEANS SHE IS FINE!


She broke into the public eye with a 2004 live solo performance of her song "Black Horse and the Cherry Tree" on Later... with Jools Holland. She has enjoyed commercial and critical success since, picking up three nominations before winning a BRIT Award, and a Grammy Award nomination. She is also the recipient of an Ivor Novello Award. Tunstall has a contralto vocal range.

She has released four albums internationally: Eye to the Telescope (2004), KT Tunstall's Acoustic Extravaganza (2006), Drastic Fantastic (2007) and Tiger Suit (2010). She has also appeared in an episode of the comedy series This is Jinsy on BBC Three.

When she cranks it on a guitar, I fall involve… 
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aAzdJQN1Qrs


Lucy Woodward
Lucy Woodward was born in London, the daughter of British conductor and composer Kerry Woodward and his American wife, a staff editor on The New Grove Dictionary of Music and Musicians and studying for the opera. Her parents were preparing Viktor Ullmann’s opera ''Der Kaiser von Atlantis'' for performance when her father was appointed musical director 
of the Netherlands Chamber Choir.

I don't know shit about this chick or any of her music, 
yes, even a new music seeker like me cant know everything. 
But wow, for Christ's sake, look at her… what else do you need to know?

I didnt mind this one though, check it out...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=to6dXQVuhR0


Natalie Walker
Natalie Walker is an American vocalist, songwriter and musician from Indiana who first came to prominence as part of the group Daughter Darling. While her time in the low-key electronica trip hop outfit was promising, Walker decided on a solo career, and released her first album Urban Angel in 2006, which was produced by the duo Stuhr (Dan Chen and Nate Greenberg). The album made minor waves commercially, but it was a pair of songs from the full-length that helped Walker's career, one of which, a remix of "Quicksand", was featured in the Sofia Coppola film Marie Antoinette, while another "Waking Dream" was featured in "Cansada de Besar Sapos" film, "Circles", made it to television, featuring in an episode of Grey's Anatomy. Her follow-up, With You, was released in 2008, and also featured production by Stuhr. Walker has released a new EP titled Spark which hit stores June 21, 2011 via Dorado music and features production by Ted Bruner (Katy Perry, Ke$ha, Plain White T's) and Dan Chen and Nate Greenberg of Stuhr, the Brooklyn-based production team behind
2008’s With You and her 2006 solo debut, Urban Angel.

Her song Quicksand, was also remixed by one of my favorite outfits, Thievery Corporation.

When I started to figure out what I was doing as an artist in my own right, I always imagined that one day she would sing the songs I wrote. What a glorious voice and beautiful woman.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NbZAs9j26Q4


Well that's it for this entry. Way past my bedtime.
I hope you all listen to these girls and their contributions to music.

More to come soon - Cheers all!

Badstone Music, out!

Comments